Monday 3 June 2013

Busy, Busy

This time of year is always the busiest for me. It seems everything falls in the spring season. I tend to get a little more stressed than any other time of year. But this year I have really overdone it.

I have my regular yearly commitments. And then not only do I have an inquisitive toddler but I have a one year old puppy to train. Fortunately, the dog now listens to heal, sit, lie down, and stay. Now that I have those necessary basics it is easier. Everything goes out the door if he catches sight of another dog, though. Especially if he has the pleasure of coming across one that agrees to play. Then the next few encounters get him so excited. Training him I have discovered that my nine year old dog isn't as well behaved as I thought she was. She barks too much. She doesn't heal well. She requires a lot of coaxing to sit. So here I am begrudgingly training her, too.

Also adding to the hectic schedule is Tough Mudder. At this point I make sure I work out 6 days a week. Having the event as a goal has really helped me prioritize adding in a run or a set of strength exercises even when I am busy. I have woken early. I have trained late. I have done it in the dark next to her bed as she struggled to sleep.

Tough Mudder is now less than three weeks away. Yikes! Here is when I should be training hard. Unfortunately though, I have been having pains in my side. I have developed a hernia. Most exercises are fine but I have had to cut out the monkey bars. And some everyday things have become difficult, like bathing my daughter. Bending over is really a problem. I am getting a little worried about the event. I have an ultrasound and a follow up with the doctor. I guess if I don't go, at least I discovered what I am capable of doing, developed new relationships, and became even more aware of health. It'll be fine though. I will kick some butt.

Come July, most of my commitments will be done. I'll concentrate on family and the pets. We'll go to the beach. I'll start potty training (the baby, not me. Hopefully not too many more poop on the floor incidents). I'll maybe wash my dirty windows. We'll clean up the yard. We'll take it easy and have fun.

But for now I need to pick up my pace. I am more productive than I have ever been in my life but I still feel lazy and unorganised. I definitely have a larger capacity but I still struggle to get done what I need to do. Productivity is not a life long experience for me. I am a little hard on myself when it comes to learning how to be more productive.

I used to look at the lives of others and be amazed by what they are capable of doing. But growth has taught me that just because someone is accomplishing something doesn't mean that it is easy. Just because they are facing all their motherly duties doesn't mean they aren't tired or stressed. Everyone has moments when they wish they could be doing something else. Everyone has days when they don't feel they can handle their life. Everyone has times they didn't use their minutes too wisely.

When I am off track I need to forgive myself and refocus. Like right now. I have to be somewhere in an hour and a half and my daughter and I need to walk the dogs and eat breakfast. I had intended to workout already and shower but that will have to be later. My little princess just woke up so we better get going...

No comments:

Post a Comment